YES! The bridge crosses the East Branch of the Octorara Creek, connecting southern Lancaster and Chester counties. The area is named after Alexander Andrews, who served in the army during the Revolutionary War and owned most of the land in the area by 1800.
How did Andrews Bridge Christian Fellowship begin?
There have actually been 4 different churches that have met on the property. The first was the Free Presbyterian church of Colerain, which was a Civil War-era congregation! Two Mennonite congregations met on the property during the 1900’s. The current church began meeting in 1999 as a church plant of Bart Mennonite Church and became an separate congregation in 2000. In 2007 the church joined AMEC (Alliance of Mennonite Evangelical Congregations).
Today Andrews Bridge is a growing and diverse fellowship of believers, many of whom come from non-Anabaptist backgrounds.